Dates are nutritious traditional fruit which are said to be one of the favourites of Prophet Muhammad. It is said that in old times, Bedouins would rely on dates for sustenance and till date this tradition has been carried on. Many Muslims break their fast with dates and water which avoids overeating. An empty stomach absorbs nutritional value of dates and feelings of hunger is calmed down. Since it is Ramadan I thought to share some amazing benefits of Dates.
Benefits of Dates:
1. Improves Digestive System:
- Date is a laxative fruit which helps to deal with constipation. For better results, soak dates in the water in night and eat it in the morning which helps in healthy bowel movements. It will also help in relaxing discomfort of stomach problems
- Date contains Nicotine which cures intestinal disorders. It prevents the growth of unhealthy microorganisms and encourages healthy and friendly bacteria. Thus helping in proper digestion
- Dates gives you a great relief in diarrhoea. During diarrhoea lots of minerals are lost which is restored by dates. Dates also contains potassium which helps to maintain balance of electrolytes in the body.
- High levels of fibres in dates helps to protect colon
- Dates are used as conventional remedy to treat abdominal cancer. They have natural chemicals that helps in regularizing digestive systems.
- It also helps to treat various digestive disorders such as acidity, formation of gas, stomach ulcers etc.
2. Promotes Energy
- Dates are rich source of minerals which are content of natural sugars such as sucrose, glucose and fructose. They help in energizing your body. It was used as health tonic in olden times. You can soak dates in milk and then have it for extraordinary results.
- Natural sugars, carbohydrates, and vitamins helps in gaining weight. It can be eaten with cucumber paste for better results
3. Treats Anaemia: Dates are great source of Iron which increases the production of haemoglobin in the red blood cells. Thereby treating Anaemia. It should be eaten with milk to treat Anaemia
4. Healthy Brain: Dates increases your memory. It is a rich source of antioxidants and phytonutrients that prevents memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Healthy Heart: Dates are rich in fibres, potassium which strengthens heart and reduces various heart problems such as strokes, hypertension, heart failure etc. It also reduces level of bad cholesterol in the blood thus preventing from heart attacks and arteriosclerosis. Dates should be soaked in water in the night and consumed in the morning in crushed form. Taking it twice a week strengthens week heart.
6. Beauty Benefit: Dates have vitamin B5 which nourishes hair roots, promotes healthy hair and reduces hair fall. Dates also have vitamin A which gives your skin a youthful glow
7. Healthy for Pregnant & Breast-Feeding Ladies: Pregnant women suffer from various disorders and diseases such as intestinal problems and food allergy. Since dates are rich in vitamins, nutrients, iron, magnesium it gives complete treatment for these problems. It also helps to combat depression and enriches breast milk. This helps the child to develop completely and makes it resistant to fight against various diseases.
8. Strong Bones & Joints: Dates contain a large amount of calcium which helps in strengthening bones and prevents from degenerative diseases such as arthritis and osteoporosis.
Thus Dates offers complete package of several minerals and vitamins like calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sulphur and a group of others which are completely helpful for health.
So have Dates and stay hale and Hearty.