Being in love comes with a price. For me the price is happiness. When a person is in love, I don’t see how being sad should be an initial reaction. I enjoy listening to sad love songs, but I’d rather listen to love songs that would make me happy and that would compliment the love I feel inside. Here is a list of songs that makes my heart melt more. Hope you enjoy it.
1. All of Me by John Legend – It may come as a slow song but once you listen to the lyrics, it describes the feeling of being in love. It describes how much you appreciate and like the person you love. This song will give you that good-butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling, then I don’t know.
2. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol – This song has been used as soundtrack to a lot of movies. Why? Because of the catchy melody and simple but amazing lyrics. “If I lay here, if I just stay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?”
3. Mirrors by Justin Timberlake – This may be a song you a dance along with, but its actually one of the songs I consider that make me happy inside. The lyrics describes how much you think you and the one you love is just a reflection of each other and how you can’t lose that person like you wouldn’t lose your own reflection.
4. I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz – One of the songs that ultimately describes how love should be. Relationships may not work the way we want it to be and yet if you really love the person. You will not give up on that person. “I won’t give up on us, Even if the skies get rough, I’m giving you all my love, I’m Still looking up”
5. Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat – The music and melody of this song makes you feel really good, like a soft breeze through your ears. Plus the lyrics “Lucky I’m in love with my best friend, Lucky to have been where I have been, Lucky to be coming home again”
6. No Such Thing by John Mayer – There may be different interpretations to the meaning of this song’s lyrics but I really love listening to it when I’m in love. Why? Because it describes the things I want to do when I’m extremely happy. “I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs”
7. For you I will by Teddy Geiger – Proclaiming your love for someone. Forgetting everything and not letting fear of rejection get into you. This song tells all. Mustering every ounce of confidence to tell the person you love that you love him/her.
8. After Midnight by Blink 182 – The feeling where a person drives you crazy but still you love that person? This is that describes that. It makes me happy because you really can’t deny if love is going to be perfect but still you’ll sleep arm and arm in the stairwell with that person you love.
9. Marry You by Bruno Mars – What better way to express your love for someone but to marry them? This song’s catchy lyrics and melody will surely make me stomp your feet while feeling happy and in love. “Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you!”
10. Hey There Delilah by Plain White T’s – This song describes how distance won’t be a hindrance to the love of your life. With lyrics “I’m right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen”
Thank you Jackie Meredith for the photo.